Friday, January 25, 2008

Sunday, July 2

Wow, what a Sunday Service! Since it was near the Fourth of July, we had somewhat of a patriotic theme. But before the service really got started, the director of our teens’ program stood up and said they had been “instructed” (by the district director, I believe) to interrupt the service at this point. They had just returned from teen camp. There had been 5 of our teens to the camp, but one of them wasn’t there. They went to the platform, and did a song with motions that they had learned at camp, then 3 of the four gave their testimony. One of these teens was the adopted son of the director. He was adopted just recently, and had spent most of his life in “the system.”

I’m not writing this very well, but we were all blessed by this “interlude.” Then, after the teens were finished, we sang “The Battle Hymn of the Republic.” I’ve sung that many times, but I don’t know when I was ever so touched by it. The pastor’s sermon was based on the scripture “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD.”
We have been blessed with a great bunch of teens and kids in our church, and I intend to back them with prayer, and whatever else God leads me to do.

(Originally posted July 3, 2006)

No comments: