Friday, January 25, 2008

Bits and pieces

I wanted to do a 4th of July blog, but I was just too tired to think, too tired to do the research that should be done on such a topic. So, this is just a little ramble on my mundane life.

I needed new brakes for my car. It was also due for oil change and inspection. And it had a slow leak in one tire that the garage had not been able to find in 2 tries. I had an appointment Wednesday morning. The brakes needed new pads. The rotors needed to be milled, and there was another vehicle there that had first dibs on the milling. Mine were badly pitted, and it took a number of passes. I sat in the shop nearly all morning. But one of the first things that happened was that the shop owner held up a tiny little screw that was found in my tire. Hopefully no more air loss!
Then I had to go to the notary to take care of my registration, and found I didn’t have my current insurance card. Since the same company handled my insurance, I went over to the insurance office, and they typed me up a new card. Next, to the gas station to fill up the tank. It was around 12:30 or so when I got home. I had left just shortly after 7:30 that morning.

(Originally posted July 6, 2006)

No comments: