Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May Musings

I suppose, while posting the Articles of Faith with the graphics, I should have gone into some detail on at least some of the graphics as to why they represent the specific article. Some, of course, are self-explanatory.

Earlier this year I got a little kitchen gadget I thought might be useful. It’s one of those little things you find in novelty catalogs that may or may not work correctly. It’s a little plastic slicer with a nice sharp blade. It gives you warnings about proper use to avoid cutting yourself. The problem was, it didn’t tell you how to wash it. I was washing it preparatory to use, and managed to “slice” a bit of my index finger. Ouch! However, I will say, as for the use, it works very nicely. I sliced up a couple of potatoes to fry, and they sliced up fast and uniform.

Yesterday was one busy day. I had a doctor’s appointment in the morning – just routine stuff. I went from there to the hospital for X-rays to try to find out why I have so much back pain. All the X-rays showed was a little arthritis.

From the hospital, I went to Middy’s, expecting to stay there until my car appointment in the afternoon. I had intended to skip lunch. Middy wasn’t home; my nephew Rich probably was, but he would be leaving very soon to go to work, so I just drove off. I went to Plyer’s and had salad bar for lunch. Then I went to the grocery store & picked up a few things. On to the garage. I was early, so I sat in the car about 20 minutes reading. Maybe, just maybe, I’ve got the check engine light fixed . . . I went back into town & the grocery store, and picked up some frozen stuff. Then gassed up the car. I should have done it when I first got into town before my Dr.’s appointment. In the mean time, the price of gasoline had increased by 5¢.

I got home at about 3:00 pm (after leaving home about 9:00 am).

Now for the monthly features:
Magnaclam image for May
Magnacalendar images: May

May birthdays:
My nephew Ben – May 5
My niece Elizabeth – May 7
My nephew Steve – May 8
My brother-in-law Erling – May 25
My great-granddaughter Keely – May 29

If any of you know any family birthdays I’ve missed, let me know. There are a lot that I don’t have a record of.

No comments: