Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sarah

I never met Sarah in person, but I considered her a friend. We posted together on the same internet site. She was a feisty little lady, hot-tempered sometimes, but quick to cool off. She was very intelligent and had a quick wit. She was beautiful in body and mind. She was instrumental in Mike’s “invention” of “Magnaclams.” (See the blog dated June 22 – 3 entries down). She and Mike chatted on line a great deal.

Sarah passed away late this past May, at the age of 24. She left behind her father, her husband, and her young nephew, all of whom depended on her. She and her family had already gone through a great deal of trauma in the past few years. She was the glue that held her family together. Now it’s broken. Her husband is planning to take a job in Hong Kong, where they had been planning to move before Sarah’s illness. Her cousin has taken in her little nephew, who has suffered far too much loss for a young child.

The first phase of treating Sarah’s illness – supposed to be a very treatable form – failed. The last we had heard of her, she was looking toward a more intense treatment. We heard nothing from her after that – from about February on. Her cousin knew she had many friends on the internet, but wasn’t able to find them until last week. I have been in email communication with the cousin since then.

When I first heard of Sarah’s illness, she became a subject of my daily prayers. Having acknowledged no religion at all, I just wanted to be sure that she would be ready to meet her Maker when the time came. During all that time, I never heard of any change in her beliefs. So, when I first heard of her passing, I was troubled, and prayed asking the Lord to let me know. I received an indication from Him that Sarah was indeed ready! I had several indications of that later from different sources. I praise God for his mercy!

We miss you, Sarah! I will not say the familiar line “Rest in peace;” instead, I will say, “Enjoy Heaven!”

If you hasten off to glory
Linger near the Eastern Gate,
For I’m coming in the morning,
So you’ll not have long to wait.

I will meet you,
I will meet you
Just inside the Eastern Gate over there;
I will meet you,
I will meet you,
I will meet you in the morning over there.


Memorial to Sarah here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank for your blog regarding Sarah.
-smich